World Food Day Canada 2012
1. Contest starts at 8 am on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 and continues until the draw time at 3:00 pm on October 16, 2012, for the door prizes, and October 31, 2012 for the iPad 2. All times are Pacific. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person.
2. To enter, attend the World Food Day Canada Event at the Langley Events Centre and fill out an entry ticket. (7888 200 Street, Langley B.C. V2Y 3J4)
3. A random draw will be made, by a representative of the World Food Day team, from all eligible entries received and will be made at approximately 3:00 pm on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 at 7888 200 Street, Vancouver, British Columbia. Selected entrants will be contacted on site by vocally reading the ballot out loud, on stage at the WFD event.
4. If a selected entrant cannot be reached at the event they will be disqualified and another eligible entrant will be selected until the prize has been awarded.
5. Participants are eligible to win one (1) of one (1) iPad 2 with Wi-Fi 16GB – Black, or various door prizes, including, but not limited to, Wildplay Element Park passes for two (valued at $100); Pizza and Movie Tickets for two (valued at $50); $25 PriceSmart Foods/Save-On-Foods Gift Card; $25 McDonald’s Gift Card; $25 Best Buy Gift Card; $25 Castle Fun Park Gift Card.
6.To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, skill-testing question and return a signed release of liability and acknowledgment form. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
7. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by The Food For Famine Society and/ or World Food Day Canada and/or their advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation. For persons under the age of majority a parent or guardian’s signature is required prior to the release of the iPad 2 prize.
8. This contest is open to residents of British Columbia who are over the age of majority or have signed permission from a parent or guardian, as of the date of entry, excluding employees of World Food Day and/ or Food For Famine Society, contest suppliers, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, judges, and those with whom they are domiciled. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules, may be disqualified by the World Food Day Team.
10. World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of the World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society and will not be returned.
11. World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this contest. Entrants not wishing to receive any other informational or marketing communications should so indicate to World Food Day Canada or The Food For Famine Society. This information will not be sold to third parties.
12. By entering this contest, entrants release and hold harmless World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society, their advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their parent companies, affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the Releases) from any liability in connection with this contest or, if declared a winner, any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s and each potential winner’s guests, as applicable, receipt and use of the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
13. This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
14. World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, World Food Day Canada and The Food For Famine Society reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.